Search This Blog

Friday 28 December 2012

Hello!

Hello and welcome to my blog! This is the first post that I ever wrote on 'Nowhere Lies The Road'.

Well, you know, I called this blog 'Nowhere Lies The Road' so it would be a unique name because I went on a USA holiday with my father and brother. We drove though the Death Valley on a very long straight road which reminds me of the road called 'Road to Nowhere' in Strangetown (One of the neighbourhoods that ships with original The Sims 2). You can see the photo of a long straight road in this blog header.

Let me to tell you a bit of info about me:
I am deaf since my birth, I wear hearing aids all time. But I will be getting Cochlear Implants and the operation is set for 28th January 2013. Well, I'm bit nervous about it but I'm also excited. I want it because I want to improve my hearing so I can hear people talking clearly. Oh and I can't hear higher frequencies e.g. birds singing (I know this may annoy you but it's my mum's favourite sound), this is why I can't understand what people are saying. I am a BSL user but I will learn how to listen and speak  after having the Cochlear Implants. Okay, it's not certain that I will achieve speech or fully understand what people say but I am hopeful!

Have a good day! :D

-BSL version-


Cheers,

~Calum

1 comment:

  1. Dear Calum,

    Due to a coincidence I found your blog.

    I was born profoundly deaf and wear two implants. The first implant I received when I was nine years old and second one on the other ear in summer 2011.

    I'm really excited to read more from your blog and especially to read about your CI journey. This is going to be a completely new experience for you.

    I wish you good luck and get well soon!

    - Nele



    ReplyDelete