Search This Blog

Friday 1 February 2013

Orange is orange, tuna is tuna and salt is nothing

Regarding what I told you about me having a taste disturbance. Well, it's a bit improved but I still can taste metal-y stuff. While I was eating Walker's Salt & Vinegar crisps it tasted just like a plain potato crisp, then I realised that I couldn't taste salt. As for sugar - I tested tasting sugar but I could only taste it at the back of my tongue. This may be because my facial nerve (related to the numbness in my face) was bruised after the operation but it's not permanent. It may not be scary to you but it still is a bit to me! I think it'll be healed in about a week. My ears are still healing though but I can feel the blood flowing though my throat but it's a normal thing that happen after a CI operation, the blood/fluid in my cochlea has to be drained out so it can heal. But still - eek! Fortunately, these symptoms only last for the short-term and are normal symptoms which happen after this surgery.

Also, I would like to say thank you to everyone who wished me well and gave cards/gifts to me including my step-dad and a spy guy in The Sims 3 forum, The Mare's Nest ( http://themaresnest.wordpress.com/ ), you can see a picture of their gift message below. Thank you!! :D
-BSL version-

Cheers,

Calum

No comments:

Post a Comment